Allsorts After School Club is a private provider of before and after school wrap around care. It also operates during school holidays.
Allsorts in John Wheeldon Primary Academy opened in September 2012, and is registered with Ofsted to provide childcare for children aged 4 to 11 years. It is open from 7.00am until 9.00am and 3.15pm until 6.00pm weekdays, during term time. 7:00am until 6:00pm Holidays and Inset days.
The club aims to provide a safe and secure and relaxed environment for the children in our care. We endeavour to provide an atmosphere and activities similar to those found within the home. We have access to the nurture room, all outside facilities, computer room and the hall.
What we offer
We offer a wide range of activities, incorporating cookery, craft, needlework, board games, reading, imaginary play, construction, sport and much more including our own Buddy Book program. During their time at the club children choose activities that suit them best.
We support and facilitate play by: • Providing an environment that is safe and suitable for playing in.
- Setting up the Club so that activities are ready before the children arrive.
- Providing a range of equipment, resources and activities on a daily basis, and keeping a record of these to ensure that varied play opportunities are offered
- Encouraging children to request additional or alternative equipment as they choose, and if a request has to be refused, explaining why.
- Not expecting children to be occupied at all times.
- Making outdoor play available every day, unless the weather is particularly bad.
- Involving children in planning activities, to reflect their own interests and ideas.
- Planning activities that enable children to develop their natural curiosity and imagination.
- Allowing children freedom of creative expression, particularly in artistic or creative play.
- Intervening in play only when necessary: to reduce risks of accident or injury, or to encourage appropriate social skills.
- Warning children in advance when an activity or game is due to end.
A snack and drink are provided each day; however this is not intended to substitute a main evening meal that a child may receive at home. We promote independence, by encouraging the children to prepare their own snacks, and to clear away after themselves. We use fresh ingredients and follow statutory guidelines. Fresh drinking water is available at all times. Individual dietary requirements and parental preferences are met wherever possible. We recognise the importance of healthy nutrition for children delivered in a calm, friendly setting.
Visit our website for more information www.dollymixturesnursery.com
If you require further details please contact the team on 01785 223511 or 07772531730 during club times.